Wednesday 27 May 2009

Day 0

"We will shortly be arriving in Bangkok in 15 min where the temperature is 30 deg." 30 deg! Perfect! After being up for almost 24 hours, the prospect of experiencing temperatures above the UK average of 15 deg was too good. It got even better. On my ride to the hotel, I saw a bunch of kids sitting at the back of a pick up truck. On the highway. Where cars were travelling over 50 mph. Hell, even I wasn't wearing a seat belt. Mainly because there wasn't one. As we drove along the highway under the cloudless sky, the Bangkok skyline was beautifully lit up by intermittent lightning.

Got to the hotel and bumped into Adam who's also in the group. We went out for dinner and came across a night market where they sold almost everything. There was even bread with pre-spread butter! I also saw a guy selling deep-fried grubs and crickets. Tasty! No photos of these loveliness because I was too tired to take out my camera. You will just have to use your imagination.

1 comment:

  1. Deep-fried crickets are SO GOOD, actually. Srsly. Bring me back a few packets on your way back, yo.

    Also, the day after you left, I got an email that I'd got the internship - and I feel like I have you to thank for making me do the application in the first place - so THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete