Friday 3 July 2009

Chinchapore/Singapore day 3

I love cycling. And more so along the beach. As I pedalled away under sun-dappled leaves, the gentle breeze whipping my hair, the waves crashing rhythmically against the sandy shore, I tried to remember the last time I cycled along East Coast beach. I remember cycling with my cousin Aziz, who was also my childhood bestfriend. Along with his older brother Didi, we were like the 3 musketeers, always up to no good. Before Singapore became a city of concrete and lights, houses used to be of the wooden and zinc variety built in clusters in little villages. And that was only about 20 years ago. Each summer when I'd come down to Singapore to visit, the 3 of us would go off exploring in our gran's village- wandering into neighbouring houses, running through narrow alleyways, chasing little chicks, play badminton and football (I was always the goalkeeper) till sundown, drink too much coke........ Good times.



Atikah and I happened to come across a National Geographic store today that had some amazing antique furniture. There was also a photo exhibition. We saw photos of nature and wildlife from the NG archives that make your heart sing.

Paintballing tomorrow at 9 AM. Can't wait!

P.S. Got the insect bite checked out, which is now the size of an orange. Turns out I've managed to contaminate it and now have a subcutaneous infection, which according to the doc is unusual. I am on antibiotics. 30 days in 3rd world level conditions and I get infected in superclean Singapore. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment