Wednesday 3 June 2009

Adagio- Barber

I've decided. I'm getting a scooter for Cologne. Specifically a purple vespa (if I can). They ride their scooters here the way I ride my bike in Oxford- reckless, fast-ish and "determined". So, I reckon it'll be muchos easy to drive in Germany right?

I rode a motorbike/scooter for the first time today. It was awesome! Sitting behind the driver, we rode up to the top of the mountain and saw the village of Chau Doc (a border town in Vietnam), surrounded by green mountains covered in foreboding grey clouds. The ride down was not particularly dry. We each had a driver. Mine wasn't the chatty type. Apart from "You ok?" when we started going up the mountain, we rode in companiable silence. Tristan's just giggled all the way. Tristan was terrified. The other drivers were trying to race each other on a single lane-two way road. Mine wanted in on it too. I told him to go faster but he just smiled. Luckily, using my telepathic powers, we came third.

The people of Vietnam look very different from those of Cambodians. They look more Chinese. Cambodians also had a more reddish tint to their tan. I have yet to be asked if I'm Vietnamese. I don't think it'll happen. But I'm going to be Honduran next time they're nosy.

We drive to Hoi Chi Minh tomorrow. Another 8 hour drive. This is turning out to be "Indochina on a bus". But the scenery is so unbelievably sublime and lush, it's worth it.

Ok, my hour is almost up. Short crew profiles:
there are 12 people-
Phil= the boss
Steve= the assistant/ surfer dude from Canadia/ "Hey, do you want me to teach you something?"
Tristan= Financial Economist sarky joker/ always hungry/ snoozer
Hannah= Northern Lass "Blondie"
Sophie= Posh (near) London Babe
Dominic= Boy from the North (Manchester) 1
Adam= Boy from the North (Sheffield) 2
Jake and Sarah= Couple 1
Christina and Mark= Couple 2

Time up!! Laters muchachos and muchachas.

No comments:

Post a Comment