Friday 5 June 2009

Miss Saigon

Been listening to some hip-hop that my bro uploaded for me. I'm digging The Roots. Organix is an ace album. I ate chocolate for the first time yesterday since 27th May. For those of you who know me very well, this is very uncharacteristic behaviour. I'd like to say that it's due to my iron-clad self-control, but the truth is that 1) people don't eat much choc here so distribution is very limited, and 2) I've just been too hot to bother with choc. But I relented yesterday and have had a whole bag of M&Ms, 2 muffins and a lemon zest cake. All in less than 24 hours. Business as usual. I'm also waiting for my laundry. I'm down to my last pair of trousers. They're too big now. I've had to pin them in 3 places to maintain my modesty (I think we've all lost a bit of weight). I'm excited about getting fresh laundry today.

Saigon is f****ing mental!!! The city is HEAVING with motorbikes. And there are no traffic lights. You just have to walk into the traffic (after praying to whoever you believe in) and presto, the drivers will weave around you. Of course there are a few randomers who have not read the vietnamese highway code so you do the avoiding. I'm liking it here. It's buzzing and bustling like central London. And feels a lot safer than Phnom Penh. For some reason, the people seem to like building super-skinny buildings (Amsterdam style) in Art Deco fashion. Weird. Steve's theory is they tax based on width of building. Plausible I suppose.

We're getting the overnight train to Nha Trang tonight. Have heard stories of floorless toilets and dirty bunks..... 

I'm looking forward to my clean laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment