Tuesday 23 June 2009

Stuck in Chiang Mai

The trains are on strike. So no overnight train from Chiang Mai to Bangkok, which is perfecto as it means we now actually get to stay the night in Chiang Mai as opposed to swing through it for a laughable 4 hours. FYI: I have had 3 mozzy bites since I logged onto my blog a few minutes ago. And they ain't looking too pretty. They're actually swelling up and looking quite horrible. Anyway, to more important things. I went to Muay Thai Kickboxing with Stevo. The dude who was teaching LOVED Steve. "Steve, 100 swing kicks!" "Steve, 50 jabs!" "Steve." "Steve." "Steve." At school, he would be dunked into a toilet for being a teacher's pet. I think the teacher thought he'd found his ultimate fighting champion. Even worse (for me) was that he didn't even remember my name. Instead he proceeded to call me "Lady" for the next 3 hours. But I had a lot of fun. Kick-boxing is always fun. The gym was an open air kinda setup with a boxing ring, some floor space and a few punching bags, all shaded by a metal roof. Saying that it was warm is an understatement. But the heat kept us loose and nimble. I think I drank too much water too quickly and still feel kinda sick from it. Quite a few holidaymakers turned up later as well. I guess the locals train early in the morning or late after work. I think I might give it a go again when I'm in Bangkok for a few days.

Ok, I think I should go and take some anti-histamines to deal with this abnormal bite-reaction swelling issue. I feel heat emanating from them. That's not a good sign right?

No comments:

Post a Comment