Sunday 7 June 2009

Hot and noisy Nha Trang

Most of the gang are heading to the mudbaths later today. I think I'll skip it and explore this "sleepy" seaside town before we catch the train to Hoi An tonight. I don't think I've been to a beach town that's so manic with activity. The beach is glorious and you can see islands covered in lush green mountains in the distance. It's a lot nicer than the one in Cambodia. Mainly because the kids were in the sea enjoying themselves rather than out pestering me and near-molesting me to buy their goods.

We're catching another night train tonight to Hoi An. The loos weren't too bad last time so there's no need to dehydrate myself. But I think we're going to be the second/third set of people sleeping in the unmade bunks...... I'm sleeping in my anti-bacterial, anti-mozzy, anti-plague, cotton tropical sleeping bag anti-radiation liner. And if the deet actually worked, I would also impregnate myself with it. But seeing as I have almost a fifth of my body covered in mozzy bites, something tells me they're sh*t.

Ok, time to get lost exploring.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, tropical sleeping bag liners - best things ever. Glad to hear that the train wasn't as bad as advertised. When I took ferries in Indonesia there were 5 toilets and about 2000 people - not good!

    ReplyDelete